Home Care with Video HealthcareScimitar Global Services Limited
Telemedicine for Home Care
Telehealth according to Wikipedia is the distribution of health-related services and information via electronic information and telecommunication technologies. It allows long-distance patient and clinician contact, care, advice, reminders, education, intervention, monitoring, and remote admissions. Telemedicine is sometimes used as a synonym, or is used in a more limited sense to describe remote clinical services, such as diagnosis and monitoring.
When rural settings, lack of transport, a lack of mobility, decreased funding, or a lack of staff restrict access to care, telehealth may bridge the gap as well as provide distance-learning; meetings, supervision, and presentations between practitioners; online information and health data management and healthcare system integration.
Telehealth could include two clinicians discussing a case over video conference; a robotic surgery occurring through remote access; physical therapy done via digital monitoring instruments, live feed and application combinations; tests being forwarded between facilities for interpretation by a higher specialist; home monitoring through continuous sending of patient health data; client to practitioner online conference; or even videophone interpretation during a consult.
With video-enabled remote patient monitoring solutions, healthcare providers can extend their reach beyond the hospital walls and engage their patient population in their homes, giving them the ability to identify opportunities for early intervention, manage chronic conditions, and increase patient access.
Benefits of Video Healthcare in Home care
- Reduce Preventable Re-admissions : Engage with patients post-discharge to educate, coordinate care, and improve medication adherence.
- Optimize Resource Utilization : Increase clinical efficiencies through virtual triage and expanded patient access
- Expand Patient Access and Retention : Increase health system reach and access through virtual consults, eliminating distance barriers.
- Improve Clinical and Value-Based Outcomes : Easily stay engaged with patient populations for disease management and care coordination.
- Providers can also benefit from increased revenue: By utilizing telemedicine, physicians can see more patients without the need to hire more staff or increase office space.
With the battle against covid-19 in Nigeria and the world still ragging, Healthcare providers, physicians, doctors and skilled nursing homes have a reliable platform now to provide care more efficiently if they embrace the Video Healthcare/Telemedicine Technology which gives them the ability to access patient’s electronic medical records, with diagnosis and prescriptions for better healthcare delivery to patients from the comfort of their homes or offices.
It allows providers to monitor patients in real-time and adjust treatment plans when necessary. Ultimately, this leads to better patient outcomes and less emergencies and Death!
Are you a Medical Director of a Hospital or Managing Director of HMO or Health Insurance Organization as well as other health Services like the Nigerian Center for Disease Control (NCDC), learn more about SGSL’s Video Healthcare Solution branded Heka here and Book a FREE DEMO session here