How to Drive Customers to Your BusinessScimitar Global Services Limited
How to Drive Customers to Your Business
Dear fellow Entrepreneurs, warm greetings and I bring good tidings even with the huge impact of #coronavirus aka Covid_19 to both our economy and businesses. Am sure a lot of us have taken off for the year already and some like me may still be strategizing while selling. Having gone far into our financial year, it is expedient to have a strategy session even if it is by yourself as an Entrepreneur, or with your team. The way to survive in our new normal requires new sets of rules and strategies. Go over last years sales, income, expenses, profits, losses and marketing strategies. You have to check what worked or failed as well as what you can do better and with whom and what?
That’s said, you need to evaluate your Sales and Marketing activities and begin to pen down ideas to improve performance for the remaining. I am did mine and also researching so let me share a couple with you on how you and I can increase customer traffic and sales to our business this year as Entrepreneurs.
1. So the first nugget is to research and outlines ideas I can apply to my business to ensure a unique sensory experience to my both potential and existing customers.
Do you know that succeeding in Business requires you act like you are in the entertainment industry? You have to be like Davido, Burnaboy, Tiwa , Wizkid and CWay. You have to constantly churn out new and recycled contents, music albums, contents that customers will jump at. It is Go big or Go Home! Everybody dey rich for instagram! E ma kpariwo ejo!
2. Reach out and thank your Existing customers! So this January, i will advise you that while you are mapping out strategies for the year, also consider focusing on existing customers, call and thank them for last year, offer to be there for them this year and ask for referrals. Call even those who only asked questions.
3. Identify, understand and target the right type of customers for your business. Not everyone will buy from you, not even neighbours!
4. Partner with other Entrepreneurs you can trust, especially when you don’t have all the competence. Collaborations is the secret of success as an Entrepreneur. Find a complimentary partner and share the load and profit. Better a 50%-90% than 0%.
When in doubt, have a firm MOU.
5. If you have a physical location, evaluate existing foot traffic and the periods to know when to run campaigns.
6. You have to consider changing the look and feel of your store from whether physical or online. Create eye-catching displays in your stores , websites and social media channels! Increase curb and store appeal and add catchy outdoor signs and displays at your store locations!
7. Ensure to Speed up the Sales and shopping experience. Real Customers don’t like to waste time. Even the pricy and irate ones. But a happy customer will always come back.
8. Design and strategically offer complementary products to ensure customers have more things to buy. Don’t just do one product or service. Do something complementary and Male more sales. Yes it adds to your cost at first but likewise your profit.
Like if you are in the Fashion business how about adding shoes, hats , belts, brooches and bags to the clothes. If you sell Gates, add Quality keys and padlocks…you get my drift?
9. If you have space, create comfy lounging space for customers to come in. Ensure to put a “Do not sleep” sign
10. You can offer free wifi………….. leave this to the biggies. There is no free lunch in freetown
11. Have you heard of referral strategy?E.g: Whisper to existing customers to bring their friends and get a discount on their next purchase.
12. Identify influencers and connectors. If you have a family friend or acquaintance that can post your product or service to their millions of followers. They will be good too.
13. Leverage social media….I can’t stop saying this! Use google my business for local search, listing and advertising. I can say this enough. It is free of charge! Entrepreneurs are making money just by listing online and having a home office.
14. Have a Digital Marketing road map for the year. Build an email, SMS and Phone list….reach out and ensure to personalize your marketing campaigns
15. Delegate : You can’t do it all alone hire and train interns and employees as runners. Engage employees and friends in your marketing, spread the word
16. Allow customers to buy online and pickup in store. People like to see what the buy now. If they want you to delivery…great!
17. Get a Website that is optimized for mobile, local and also international consumption. But please optimize for mobile and local first as charity begins at home.
Remember I am a call and chat away. Should you require us to help you design your Digital Marketing road map, we offer very affordable consulting services to help you with your Digital Marketing activities within our terms and conditions.
Also sign up for free for our forthcoming:
Entrepreneurs Round-table: A Sales and Digital Marketing Masterclass
Details of the logistics will be shared by email to all who sign up. It is a free class but you have to get the training materials.
Also see highlights of our customer testimonial of Digital marketing Masterclass 2019. Do click on the “subscribe” button for more Marketing content.
About The Author
As an #ICT and Management consultant. I help Businesses improve their Customer Relationship Management processes through automation; leveraging #Technology #ModernBusinessSolutions for improved Customer Acquisition Strategies (Sales & Marketing) to increase revenue for their businesses as well as Customer Retention Processes (Complaints Management, Queue Management ) to ensure Customer Satisfaction and Loyalty.
I am also a Digital Marketing Consultant and an SME Advocate. I coach and support Small business owners #Entrepreneurs like me on how to leverage #Technology they have ; to market their businesses through Digital Marketing activities ( Social Media Marketing, Email Marketing) at the lowest cost possible.
Connect with me on LinkedIn
Follow Scimitar Global Services Limited ( SGSL) on LinkedIn: